Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yay for shelves and no fungus!

So I feel like I pretty much work all the time. Which is seriously interfering with all the other things that I want to do with my life, like getting through my new book-friend, Les Miserables....jetting off to fabulous places to watch my girlfriend shave her head for St Baldricks, working out every day, cooking healthy food every night...and keeping up with the laundry...but that is what this whole thing is all about anyway. Trying to pursue some sort of balance. I sometimes think that it would be nice to have more hours in the day, but then I'm pretty sure they would just get filled up with more time-sucking things and less with things that are important to me. It's definitely a work in progress.

So the latest and greatest news is a little one that I have been taking care of is in the clear to get a new central line, which is important because it's his only form of nutrition....so that's super exciting :). I have found myself definitely praying for this one outside of work because things were looking tenuous for a while as we were trying to get his systemic fungal infection under control. Sigh. Yay.

Also, we are getting shelves in our extra room - maybe I can post before and after pictures whenever we actually get this all set up. But I am trying to turn it into a library-feeling room and I think that we are going to make it work with a little help from IKEA :). I actually got a couple of shelves from my lovely parents-in-law for christmas, but my sweet husband had forgotten to ask me about the details of what I wanted and so they didn't fit well. He felt awful and so it has been a big deal to him to make sure that we make my library plans work sometime in the early part of this year. It looks like we are going to borrow my father in law's massive truck on Saturday and go get the stuff. When it will all be put together? That's another story...lol.

I have recently discovered Pinterest, which I somehow do not think is going to help my pursuit of peace and time management, but I am going to try to limit the craziness if possible. I have done well on not losing much time to Facebook in the last year, so maybe with that personal precedent set this will not turn into the spinning vortex of sucking up all my extra time. :)

Loves <3

No comments:

Post a Comment